All exhibits should include STEM activities that are interactive, simple and efficient.
• My exhibit will need to be registered FIRST before set-up time between 7:45 AM – 9 AM and NOT be taken down before 3 PM.
• My exhibit should include highly interactive STEM/STEAM activities targeted at the K-12 grade and young adult levels. Please refrain from using static displays. The best exhibits are typically those that have a clear take-home message. We strongly encourage having scientists, engineers at the booth to interact with people and answer questions. For useful tips on how to create an impactful exhibit, see: http://usasciencefestival.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tips-for-Booth-PDF-2018.pdf
• My exhibit should have a take-away/handout for parents. This handout should include information to help them and their child continue to learn about your organization/STEM field/activity while at home. This may include links, a simple hands-on activity they can do at home, etc.
• My exhibit will be litter free by properly disposing trash and other consumable items in nearby trash receptacles provided by the festival.
• My exhibit will NOT give out BALLOONS, STICKERS, CANDY OR CONFETTI-TYPE materials.
• My exhibit will be staffed with a minimum of 2-3 people at all times. We recommend assigning staff and volunteers to shifts, so everyone will be able to take breaks. If you’d like ideas about how to create a fun and engaging activity, check out www.howtosmile.org. Also, thank you to Philadelphia Science Festival for sharing the following video that provides helpful tips that will be useful in developing your exhibitor space: PSF How to Build a Carnival Booth Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZSDQc9cHQ.